Thursday, October 15, 2009

GNO Diva Fun!

The Texas Divas raised a few eyebrows tonight! I knew we would be loud and reckless so I was relieved that we were seated at a table in the very back. Near an exit door for a fast getaway. Perhaps it's a well known fact that a bunch of women will be rowdy and need to be as far away from the other customers as possible.

We discussed plans to have a slumber party for the February birthdays and the two in our bunch who will turn 60 around that time. Patty is one of those and I can't remember who the second one was. :) We tossed around ideas like getting adjoining rooms at a hotel or going to my mother's so she can be part of the fun. Whatever is decided, it will be a blast. Location won't matter.

We also discussed weightier matters too: Our weight. I mentioned my rapid weight gain and wondered if I had a fast growing tumor inside of me. Then everyone admitted they thought they suffered from the same malady. We are now nicknamed the Texas Tumors. OK, you had to be there. Everything is funny when we're together.
And speaking of weight, we all devoured fried pies filled with cherry, peach, apricot and apple. Of course there was a generous scoop of ice cream served with them. Yes, we rolled out of the restaurant. But our taste buds were rejoicing even if our tumors were acting up.
This is the part of the evening when it really got crazy. We are sitting on a sofa in the bathroom. It's such a nicely decorated and clean bathroom that we felt it warranted pictures.

As others entered the bathroom we were met with strange stares as we're all posing and the camera is snapping away. One woman was kind enough to smile at our playfulness instead of backing quickly into a stall and locking it.

Here's my beautiful sister in the beautiful bathroom. We highly recommend a visit to this place.


And here, beautiful Allison is getting a sample of the complimentary mouth wash in the beautiful bathroom. We were so impressed. We're proud to say we sat there.
It's always so liberating to laugh and visit that it's hard to wait another month to enjoy it all over again. I love this group of women!

4 comments:

Donna said...

I don't remember having a better time with the Divas! I want to go back to Flips. I will eat a burger by myself though. It was too good to share. Thank you for buying my dinner Cathy! Yes that bathroom belongs in my house!

dee said...

mom is standing there crossing her legs trying to take the picture of me...didn't she JUST go to the bathroom???

It was fun, we missed the rest of the TDs or the tumor divas..whatever - nothing funnier than cancer - huh?

Jan Tucker said...

Allison has her eyes on that mouthwash. Please tell me it is NOT in her bathroom now!! All kidding aside, I'm glad you had such a great time.

angela | the painted house said...

Glad you all have such a fun group--tumors and all!