Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day in Pictures

The mothers we honored, from left to right: Allison, Jan, Mother, Cindy, Yours Truly, and Shelley.
Just had to share a picture of my Mother laughing. She needed the laughter.

Our entertainment was none other than my own zany daughter, Allison. She found some interesting ways to use the bubble wrap in one of the gifts for my Mother. Shelley's checking out how natural they feel, while Sophia takes a glimpse of her mom's best side.

Allison strutting her stuff and receiving a roaring applause.

Striking a pose. My Mother said Allison reminds her a lot of me when I was younger. Hmm. I was wondering which side of the family she took after.

Donna and I happily skipped work Monday and stayed over with Mother on Sunday night. We took both our Moms - Mother and our adopted Mom, Betty - to lunch in honor of Betty's 80th birthday, which is today.
Kicking back for a wonderful visit at Betty's lovely home in the woods. What a spectacular view!

Betty and I at lunch. Okay, I'll be the first to ask. Which one is 80? Isn't she lovely?

Aren't these two ladies beautiful? We had so much fun with our waiter who had a great sense of humor. But the best part was the four of us spending a glorious day together. We must do this again soon.

6 comments:

Donna said...

We had such a great time! These two ladies aren't your "normal" 80 year old women. They are so much fun to be around. I almost said "with" instead of around, but I figured Randee would have something to add:) I received a really sweet Mother's Day gift from Randee. It was a picture of Peggy, our Dad, and me on last Father's Day. That was so thoughtful. She did, however, give me a card....not so sweet! I'll share with the GNO girls tonight.

dee said...

I want to know what Nanaw is laughing at, she looks so happy. I can imagine today is so quiet.

angela | the painted house said...

I am so glad that you all celebrated with NanNaw at the farm...I wish I could have been there. I love seeing NanNaw laugh--it's always fun to see her get tickled at something.

Titer...you make a beautiful buxom blonde. Although, it looks like you might have some back trouble later!

Happy mother's day, Mamacita!!!

Anonymous said...

YOUALL LOOK SO GREAT....MA LOOKS WONDERFUL.... YOU GUYS GOT SUCH GREAT GENES... PAPA WASNT HARD TO LOOK AT EITHER... RANDEE IS A DOLL..... MA HAS ALWAYS HAD A GREAR SENSE OF HUMOR..... LOVE PATTI

cheryl d said...

That sure looked like a lot of fun. Glad you all get together like that.

Randee, I could use some of that stuffing...

Jan Tucker said...

What great pictures. I'm glad you were able to spend time together. Allison, you are a hoot. With ALOT of make up, you could audition for a Dolly look-a-like!
Ha Ha