Saturday, April 04, 2009

Towel Animal Art


Hi boys and girls! Can you guess what I am? I am Robin's first attempt at making an animal out of towels. His wife, Peggy (yes, he's old enough to be married!), bought this book on towel animals while on her cruise in February. Robin thought it would be fun to master this art for the grandchildren (yes, he's old enough to be a grandpa!). The book includes instructions on how to create many fabulous critters.

Give up? I'm a gorilla! And Robin will be making more creations tonight when Jude, Baylee, and Sophia are here for a sleepover (no, Robin doesn't act his age!).

7 comments:

cristal said...

I was thinking a bunny because of the long ears! ooops!

Now wouldn't it be cool for him to get a job on a cruise ship making towel animals while you lounged around poolside or shopped all day?...I think I'll be purchasing the book for Mike.

Peggy said...

Even though all the animal guesses aren't in yet, it's been judged that Baylee had the best guess: An Egyptian. Viewing the full thing, it does resemble the Sphinx. Not bad for a 4-year-old!

Anonymous said...

Peggy,

The books on towel origami are pretty bad. It's difficult to understand what any of the animals are. I got a DVD on how to fold cruise ship towel origami from www.FoldingMagic.com

You know exactly what the creations are on these DVD. No guessing needed! I bought the DVDs when they sold them as 2 separate DVDs. I just checked and now, they are in one pack for $10 less than I spent on them a year ago.

Please post more photos and let us know what in the world your towel animal was. I'll try to post a photo of one of mine on this post if possible.

Take care.

J

cristal said...

Baylee's pretty smart!....cute answer!

Jan Tucker said...

A gorilla?! I guessed a bunny too and was thinking that Baylee would be so happy since that was her latest pet at home. I know Robin is a kid at heart, no matter what his real age is! Have fun and thanks for sharing your enthusiasm. See, you're never too old to teach a dog a new trick.

Donna said...

Bunny....it looks like a bunny. So why say it is a gorilla? I think ya'll probably had fun with the towel art. Cute!

angela | the painted house said...

I was going to say bunny, but it does look like the Sphinx, Baylee-Girl! If I were Robin I'd run with the Sphinx and tout myself as an "Advanced Towel Artist."

Hope you all had fun this weekend!