Thursday, November 02, 2006

Book Signing Party!




My wonderful neighbors hosted a book signing party for me this morning. I felt so honored. The table was beauitful and they used my books to decorate the table and other surfaces throughout the house. It touched me deeply when I walked in this morning and saw it all. They did a wonderful job! We were served a breakfast casserole, pumpkin bread, banana nut bread, crackers with cream cheese covered in jalepeno jelly, coffee, and mimosas for those who like a little champayne with their orange juice. It was the perfect table.

I sold 49 books! That was very exciting for me. Several bought more than one set to be used as Christmas gifts. And I met many new friends and got to visit with old friends. I was so happy that my sister drove from Oklahoma to attend. The morning was a huge success and I am so grateful to the lovely ladies who made it possible.

The pictures include one of the beautiful table, a deliciously cute one of my sister, Donna, and me with my lovely hostesses Jean, Yvonne, and Barbara. It was a day to remember and one I will cherish always.

4 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

What a happy picture of Donna! What a beautiful aunt and mother I have.

Sounds like such a lovely morning. Wish I could have been there. Congrats on the sales!

Anonymous said...

Could I perhaps be happy due to the mimosa? I promise I only had one and I didn't know the ingrediants until I took a sip. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Sissy, I thoroughly enjoyed sharing in your success yesterday. I just wish we could get the word out to everyone what a fantastic book you wrote.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful experience and to have it done in such a comfortable and professional way. Everything looked delicious and so perfect for such an event. Still can't believe my BB is signing her own books!!!!!

And Donna, you always look beautiful and have such eagerbess for life written all over your face without a mimosa in your hand!

Wish I could have been there :(

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, thank you. I wish you had been there. Thank you so much for helping to make this happen for my beautiful sister.