Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Happy Birthday, Thomas!

My oldest grandson is a handsome 10-year-old today. Thomas will spend the day with his cousin Jude and his parents at Legoland. These two boys love their Legos. He'll enjoy a family celebration tonight. I've already baked the chocolate chip cookies he requested.

These pictures are from our shopping trip and dinner in honor of Thomas's birthday. We had so much fun together. I was touched by the way Thomas read the words I wrote in his card and commented on them later to me. He'd paid attention! And he was so sweet and complimentary all evening. I adored all the attention I was getting from such a handsome young man.

Thomas chose three separate sets of Legos and I know he stayed busy the rest of the weekend just putting them all together. He has a knack for it, just like his Dad did. When the instructions are put aside and the imagination goes wild, I think it's constructive for the mind to come up with unique designs. Thomas has a natural talent in art and sculpture, and I'm always awed by his
creations.
How many women get to date such a handsome, younger man? I'm blessed.

Happy birthday, Thomas, and enjoy this special day of yours. I'm thankful I got to share in it with you and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I love you and I'm so proud of the young man you are. You have such an enormous heart.

5 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday, Thomas! What a sweet and handsome young man you are! Double digits!!!

Donna said...

Happy happy happy birthday Thomas! I know you and Jude (and Ron) are going to enjoy Legoland. I love you!

cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Thomas, will you go with me on a date? You spoil your memaw!!!

love you

Candice said...

Happy Birthday my sweet boy! Oh how times flies, I remember changing your diaper! Ha! You will always be my baby, I love you so much!

Jan Tucker said...

Love the pictures and I can see you sure enjoyed your time with Memaw spoiling. Happy birthday Thomas.