Saturday, August 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baylee!


Our Baylee girl is a big 7-year-old today! Somehow, when we weren't looking, she transformed from the cute baby above to a lovely girl of seven. And what a joy she has been!

Papa and I surprised Baylee at school today to take her birthday shopping and to dinner. She squealed with delight when she saw us, which always makes our heads grow a little bigger. Before we left we snapped a picture of our elite little group, The Middle Child. We understand each other.
Baylee's smile shows off the missing tooth she lost this week at school during lunch. She's now sporting two windows in that cute smile of hers. And her sweet personality and great sense of humor kept Papa and I entertained all afternoon. We had so much fun with her.

Baylee has a tremendous love for animals - live or stuffed. She chose a variety of animals when we shopped and was anxious to get home and show them to Jude and Sophia. I teased her that we should go to the pet store next door and pick out a puppy and surprise her parents. Of course, I knew better. They will let me slip some sugar to the kids once in awhile, but a puppy would get me in trouble for sure. Baylee has a black rabbit that is so docile and sweet, and she's a very loving and attentive "mama" to him. Taco Meat is lucky to belong to her.

Enjoy your birthday, sweet girl. We always have so much fun with you and are so proud of the smart, beautiful, and sweet girl you have always been. Happy birthday with all our love.

5 comments:

dee said...

baylee loves her post, thanks for thinking of her today and the special time you guys had on Friday. You know it's not the presents but your presence that makes her happy.

cheryl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAYLEE!!!! You were such a little baby doll when I saw you for the first time. Such huge big eyes. Still just as beautiful, and personality plus!!!!

Love you

angela | the painted house said...

Ooo, I know she had such fun time shopping with you two. Baylee, we hope you had a fun birthday--it is always special when it falls on a weekend. We love you!!!

Donna said...

Hope you had the best birthday EVER! You know I love you!!!! You are very special.

Jan Tucker said...

OMG, I can't believe you are SEVEN already. You and I share the love of animals, that is for sure. AND I can relate to your sense of humor. Are you sure you and I aren't related?? Love ya sweetie and I can tell you had a GREAT day.