Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy 60th Birthday, Cheryl!

My dearest friend is finally entering her 60s so I won't feel so all alone. I'm 13 months to the day older than her and I've been anxiously awaiting this day. And since I've been there, done that, I can tell her from experience that being 60 sucks. But she knows I'm kidding and that we always have fun, regardless of our ages.

Cheryl is one I enjoy being crazy with, like being goofy in our camo pajamas and caps. It doesn't take much to pull laughter out of us. That's the beauty of friendship. We just need to be together and the fun begins. It becomes open season for any subject and it's all peppered with laughter. We don't have to go or do anything. The fun is built in.

I'll forever be in awe of how two grieving widows connected and became the support, understanding, and comfort they both needed. A solid friendship evolved from that need and will last throughout eternity. I can't even fathom not having Cheryl in my life. I searched for the perfect 60th birthday gift and decided on a friendship necklace. The pendant says, "A friend knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words." That, to me, describes our friendship in a nutshell.

So, happy birthday to my wacky friend in the green alien sunglasses who is not afraid to do anything for a laugh. You may be 60 and think that is old, but I need you as much today as I did that first night in a grief seminar. I thank God for blessing my life with such a strong friendship. Sixty is beautiful on you, BB, and I suspect any age will be. Have a happy birthday, with love and gratitude.

4 comments:

Jan Tucker said...

Hoping you have a WONDERFUL birthday. I was the BIG 60 back on Nov 17th. Age is only a number! Wish yall could be together today, but thank goodness for phones, emails AND Facebook!!

angela | the painted house said...

Happy, happy 60th, Cheryl!! To my Mom II, I wish you a very special day (CAKE!) and a healthy and happy year ahead. LOVE YOU!!!!

Donna said...

I guess I'm next? Oh My! Yes 60 looks very good on you Cheryl. I actually thought you were younger:) Hope you had a grand birthday. Come home! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I visited many web sites but the audio quality for audio songs existing at this web page is actually marvelous.



My website; advance pay