Thursday, April 29, 2010

Texas Divas - April Outing

There's an affectionate saying among the Divas: It's all about Donna. Actually, she is one of the most unselfish people I know and I'm sure everyone will agree. However, this particular Diva post is "all about Donna."

Donna was the Diva in charge this month and selected a wonderful Mexican restaurant for our monthly dinner. She also had a drawing and I won. Her sister. No, it wasn't rigged, but I left with some handy kitchen tools for being the winner. I thought her idea was a good one, and would think so even if I hadn't been the winner.

Donna also had a horrifying story to share with us. Last night she went outside in her bare feet to call for her dog. She stayed on the sidewalk, in the light from the porch, knowing to be careful since they have seen more than their share of rattlesnakes. So, she called the dog, then turned to go back inside. A rattlesnake blocked her path. And her feet are bare. She'd just polished her toenails and, ladies, we know you don't put shoes on after doing toenails. Not even if you live in a rattlesnake pit.

So, she hopped over it, ran inside, and alerted her husband. He was able to find the snake and put an end to its scare tactics. And, I might add, we all saw Donna's toenails this evening and they were no worse for the wear. My suggestion to my sweet sister: The next time you do your toenails, do not go outside until they dry.
We forgot about pictures until we were leaving the restaurant. By that time, Paula and Trish had already left. But here are the remaining wind-blown Divas.

What a fun group! We missed Jan, Darlene, and Jeanne, and hope they will join us for our May outing. We'll be celebrating my beautiful daughter Allison's birthday with Diva Deb in charge. Great job, Donna! You and your toenails done good.

4 comments:

Jan Tucker said...

As usual, I see you all had a very fun time. Everyone looks so Springy.
OMG, I think of Donna everytime I hear about a snake. Our neighbors Min-Pin, Sable, got out and was barking like crazy about midnight. She had a snake cornered by our air conditioner. Ronnie was brave and standing in the driveway and called her! Luckily she came right to him. She was safe in our garage for the night. Ron came over and picked her up awhile ago. I don't know what kind of snake or where it slithered to now, Lord help me. No snake is a good snake unless it is DEAD!

Donna said...

I'm an idiot!

We had so much fun and I'm looking forward to lovin' on my Allison girl for her birthday Diva outing.

Cathy said...

Don't you just love the wind-blown look? We are all such dainty feathers that it was amazing we weren't blown off the patio. Paula and Trish: Next time go to the bathroom w/all of us so you, too, can have your place in the photos! Donna, you're not an idiot. I'm sure the whole rattlesnake pit thought you looked lovely.
Loved the fab new hairstyles, Divas! Just a bunch of hot chicks.

angela | the painted house said...

You all are so pretty in your spring clothes!

Donna, BE CAREFUL!!!! Oh, that is so scary!!!

Can't believe that Dee's birthday and Mother's day is soooo close. Better get shopping!

Home safe...love you!