Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Patio Improvements

Robin and I gave our patio a little facelift over the weekend. And we actually had fun doing it. We gathered empty flower pots and filled them with new blooms.
This is a good place for morning coffee under the carport. Now the little table sports a flower. The brick flowerbed looks barren, but there are flowers poking through the sod from seeds we'd planted.
Besides the flowers, the patio furniture is redressed with new cushions. I'm hoping the cats who like to nap on them will keep the squirrels away. They like to build nests out of our cushions.

The center pot is a cute teacup I bought at Wally World last year, but hadn't gotten around to filling it. I'm hoping the rust on the furniture deems it retro, and therefore not neglected.


This year Wally World had a smaller teacup, but same price. Inflation. But I love the tulip shape and the pink. Other colors are available in yellow, red, and plum. I sound like the penny-pincher version of Angela's blog.
Even the mailbox received some color. I know we won't be featured in Homes & Gardens, but the little bit of work we did helped restore some interest in my home. Sometimes we just need a little boost.




6 comments:

cheryl said...

WOW - It looks fantastic! I love those tea pot pots! With all the little table and chairs, I feel like I was looking at a cafe. The front looks great too! Wait until the flowers start coming up. It makes you feel alive..

DUN GOOD BB (AND ROBIN)

This has given me a second breath for our back porch!

Jan Tucker said...

Looking good!

Peggy said...

BB, you know you are welcome to share coffee with me for a week on the patio. The guest room always has your name on it. Please. With sugar on it?

Donna said...

So, Sissy is the pool party at your place? It looks so inviting!!!!

angela | the painted house said...

Looks good, Mom! I'm glad you are getting outside with your hands in the dirt--good for the body and soul! Gardening is one my and Clayton's favorite things to do together--and now the kids, too. Our little veggie garden is doing well and the flower seeds have sprouted! Exciting!

Enjoy your pretty blooms!

dee said...

looks good. pour my sweet tea and I'll be there