Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sugar

My wonderful Dad, Sugar, is 82 years old today. Like the young strapping boy in the picture above, Sugar has lived his life with boundless energy and hard work. He's always been able to work circles around most people, regardless of their ages. I believe all that activity is what has kept him young in body and mind.
As of three weeks ago, Sugar was busy in his shop making parts for his customers. Now, a rapidly growing cancer has slowed him in his tracks. The doctors have handed him over to God and there's no better place for him to be. The Great Physician has all the answers and we trust in Him completely.

He and our Mother have lovingly held our family together for many, many years. We know the joy of being a part of a long and happy marriage and the priceless examples we were shown.


Donna and I have loved our roles as Daddy's Girls and we have cherished each moment we have spent with him. All his girls - daughters-in-law, granddaughters, and great-granddaughters know his warm, hearty embrace.



I am privileged and honored to visit this incredible man today on his 82nd birthday. He is already being bombarded with birthday cards and letters. His heart is full. He is everything to this family and we all love him dearly. Happy birthday, Sugar. May God bless you with many more.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUGAR! Wish I could be there today. Please give him a big hug and kiss for me. I hope he received my letter in time. I cryed alot writing it. Love all of you.

Anonymous said...

Sugar, you are an example of a wonderful husband, father and friend. May you have the best birthday EVER!
Jan Tucker

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Your the best! Enjoy your day with all that love you. I love you too, just a little to far away to be there in person. Know God loves you (and I do too!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Daddy! What a handsome man you are! I'll see you today to give you a kiss on that bald head of your! I love you so much!

angela | the painted house said...

Happy birthday, PaPaw! I sure got lucky when I was born as his granddaughter. I LOVE YOU!!!!

I love that last photo of him when we were all together in October--that's the smile I know and love.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great birthday!