Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy 40th Birthday, Randee Allison!

Who wouldn't mind being 40 when 40 looks this good? My oldest beautiful daughter is hitting this milestone today. As her mother, it seems impossible that I've been enjoying her so much for so long. It feels like only yesterday that I got the girl I wanted and squealed with delight. She's been a blessing ever since.

Daughter Angela came in for this special event, and a group of us "girls" met for lunch yesterday to celebrate. We had girls of all ages and had a wonderful time.


This is my daughter-in-law Leiann, my granddaughter Candice, and my great-granddaughter Riley. Riley is at the perfect age - 2 1/2 months - to introduce her to the world of girls night out, or day out, or week out. It's all good.


We were so happy that Cheryl moved back to Texas in time to join us. I've been so excited as I anticipated this day that I feel like it's my birthday. I could handle turning 40 again. It seemed so old then, but looks very young to me now.


My sweet granddaughters Sophia, Baylee and Juliet were some of the younger ones in our group. They have the girl thing down pat.






Allison with friends Tressa and Jennifer. We appreciate them for celebrating with us.



Birthday gifts for the birthday girl. Yeah, birthdays aren't all bad.



We all enjoyed the unique gift Angela presented to her sister. There were 40 notes in a bag with a favorite memory written on each note and a roll of bills in each one was a sweet surprise. Some memories were funny, others were tear-jerkers. Allison's idea of celebrating her 40th is to go with her family to Disney World. The trip is being planned and some of us contributed to the fund instead of a big party bash or spa day. But a girl's got to eat, so another celebration is in the works for dinner tonight. Also, since she shares a birthday with husband Brian, it's definitely a family affair.


We're never too young to party. Riley enjoyed her day with the girls even though she dozed through most of it. What a sweet girl!



Is this precious or what??? This sweet smile was in response to her Aunt Dee's loving attention.


There's nothing like friends and family, and having something to celebrate. How thankful I am for this lovely woman, my daughter, and the joy she has always brought into my life.


Happy birthday Allison and Brian and God's blessings for many more. You are the light of my life and truly gorgeous at 40! I love you both!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT BEAUTIFUL GIRLS YOU HAVE.I RREMEMBER ALLISON WHEN SHE WASNT MUCH OLDER THAN RYLIE..TELL ALLISON HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR ME....LOVE PATTIE

Donna said...

I love my Randee! I'm sorry I missed the outing. I would have loved to see Cheryl, but there's an opportunity just around the corner. I'm looking forward to a diva outing soon to celebrate Randee's birthday! More partying!!!! Happy birthday precious girl. These pictures are great!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Titer!!! Can't believe you are 40--looks so good on you. Fun celebrating with you in person. You are so pretty!!! (says Juliet)

-Angela

cheryl said...

What a perfect day..Actually Randee I planned the move to fall right on your birthday!!!

You ARE so beautiful, through and through.

Love you....

Jan Tucker said...

Happy birthday Allison. You look like a mini-me to Peggy and Sophia looks like your mimi-me! So glad Angela was able to be there and that Cheryl has moved back to TEXAS.
I'm a day late and a dollar short. Didn't log on yesterday!!

Anonymous said...

I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this kind of house
. Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web
site. Reading this information So i am happy to show that I've an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I such a lot indisputably will make sure to don?t fail to remember this website and give it a glance regularly.

Here is my page read more at their blog